Saturday, April 4, 2009





















Isaiah has been on swim team for 3 months now. He started off swim lessons with Daniel when he was 3. He took 3 sessions of swim lessons at Osborne Aquatic Center to get to level 6 so he could join the team. He is on the Novice team and he is so small compared to all the other kids. He was so brave his first week. They just swim laps for about a half an hour and then do relays the rest of the time. He had never swam more than once up and back in a row before. He did a good job. The coach tells them which stroke they need to do and how many laps and then watches and instructs. His first day she had them do the butterfly. He had never done that one before and she didn't give a whole lot of instruction since most of the kids knew how. I was surprised at how well he did. There are a few short videos to follow of his first day on swim team.





This one is the dolphin kick. They were supposed to keep their hands at their sides.

This is stream line on their backs.



The good thing for me is that he actually looks forward to swim team. He is swimming three times a week for an hour each. He has gotten quite well and we are very excited to see him compete this summer!

8 comments:

cdr said...

Awww....That's cool that he's on swim team. I'm proud of him.

Bridget said...

What does that mean he's on the swim team...is it a local club? I am so impressed with his desire to do this for an hour 3 times a week!! Tell him his Auntie Bridget is impressed!! We miss you guys so much!

Nicole said...

He's a tough kid. That sounds like a rigorous workout.

Stephanie said...

They only lap swim for 1/2 an hour. They have a warm up period and then relays or games at the end. I'm pretty surprised he has liked it so much because it is a lot of swimming for his age. I think the games at the end help.

Jessica said...

Michael Phelps, here we come!

clintandleximorgan said...

Awesome! I'm gonna have to show these to Clinton...he'll be like...I want our kids to swim and be on a team like Isaiah!

Jessica said...

Fun to see you the other day! If you send me your email address I'll send you a link to all those pictures I took at the party. There are some cute ones of Isaiah. :)

jraychek@gmail.com

Erica said...

I really like the new pic of your family, cute!