Friday, November 21, 2008

There's no place like home

I have been away from home for a week now working. This is the first time that I have had to go away for work and not take Isaiah with me. Now that he is in school he can't leave. I felt so bad leaving but my work is undergoing a huge computer update and I had to come up for training. We are finally going to electronic medical records. Learning a new data base is always so hard but in the end it is going to make my job so much easier....famous last words huh?

Daniel has been super dad at home taking care of it all. He takes Isaiah to school in the morning and then my friend Cami has been bringing him home and watching him until Daniel gets off work. Thank you sooooo much Cami!

Daniel was a little nervous at first at how this was all going to work out. I talked to him the other night and he was actually really glad he had this time with Isaiah. This term has been a killer for him and he really isn't home much, so he hasn't had much dad time with Isaiah.

He told me a cute story about Isaiah. Daniel had gone to the bathroom and noticed there wasn't any toilet paper on the roller. He must of not thought much of it because he didn't replace it. He went in later and noticed that there was toilet paper on the roller and the old cardboard had been discarded. He said to Isaiah, "did you do this." Isaiah, "yes" Daniel, "why?" Isaiah, "because it was empty." Daniel was so proud of him (and of course me being a wife and mother I was quite proud as well). Isaiah was so excited to make his dad proud that that night when he went to bed he said, "Dad, be prepared to be surprised tomorrow with lots of good things." The next morning he came running out of his room saying, "dad, dad, I made my bed all by myself without having to be asked!"

I just love those two so much! I hate being away for so long but I am glad for the time they have together. Isaiah learns things from Daniel that he can never learn from me. He watches and looks up to Daniel so much. At church the other day he had his leg over the other one just like Daniel and was wiggling his foot the same as well. He loves to listen to Daniel play the Cello, (something I can't do:), and he loves watching Dirty Jobs and Man versus Wild with dad. Oh and they both love Little Caesar's Pizza! They both hate wearing ties to church and tucking in their shirts but do it anyway.

I couldn't ask for anyone better for Isaiah to look up to. Life isn't perfect but I am a very lucky person!!

4 comments:

Bob and Julie said...

Awww..this really touched me. I have such a HUGE soft spot for positive "Dad" relationships. Isaiah is so sweet. I just love how he wants to please and do what's right. I wanted to just give him a big squeezy hug myself!! LOVED the better watch out warning!! :) And, Daniel is AWESOME!!! You really are blessed!!

Jessica said...

SO sweet! Those are really cute stories. And it's so good you're keeping track of them on here so you'll never forget. :)

Cami said...

WE have had alot of fun with Isaiah this week.

Bridget said...

What a sweet boy...Daniel AND Isaiah. I love the boys in your life!